"Success is completing the full circle of yourself." -Gloria Steinem
Thousands of years ago the Greeks believed, "When you strengthen your body, you strengthen your mind." When I have asked my audiences or my coaching clients what they feel is a vital step to achieving with greater ease, one of the answers I often hear is something like:
"When I am taking care of my fitness, I have more energy, I feel more on track and I attract more success in my work and in my life."
I agree with this completely and I’ve seen the same results in my own life. All through my twenties I was a competitive powerlifter and bodybuilder. I noticed that when I was training for a contest I was much more focused in other areas of my life.
Once, in college, I was taking a full load of classes, working full time as the owner of a health club, and training for a bodybuilding contest. Although that seems like a loaded schedule, the daily ritual of eating well, exercising and learning actually gave me energy and left me feeling very fulfilled.
There are many benefits you receive almost immediately after you exercise — such as a feeling of peace and contentment, better sleep, and even more self-confidence. If you are eating well and following a regular exercise ritual you know what I’m talking about. If you have been meaning to improve your fitness, I hope this message gives you the little nudge you needed to take action. Good luck!
1. On a scale of zero to ten, where would you rate your satisfaction with your health and fitness?
2. What would it look like and feel like if you were a ten? (This is an important step)
3. What is something you could do each day (or each week) that would move you towards greater satisfaction?
4. Write down your answer to step three and then ask your coach or a success partner to hold you accountable to taking action.
5. Watch how the power of awareness and accountability moves you towards what you want. Good luck!
* I have also learned that nothing beats having a workout partner or a personal fitness trainer to support people reaching their fitness goals. Choosing physical activities that you enjoy and having support is a proven formula for fitness success!